Meeting & Playing the Stars
I don’t have words to express how much fun I had and how freakin’ cool it was to mingle and play against first class teams AND ex-international cricketers. Check this out!
There is more to come! I haven’t finished the photo’s on the 2nd roll so I will upload them when I get them finished and developed. As for my playing experience:
I was marginally disappointed to not actually play against these blokes above. Our pool play didn’t see us up against them. However, I did play against the Trinidad & Tobago and Air India first class teams. They had the following who I recognised:
- Darren Bravo – Trinidad & Tobago (Dwayne Bravo’s brother)
- Lendl Simmons – Trinidad & Tobago (Phil Simmons’ nephew)
- Narendra Hirwani – Air India (he had me stumped, he’s famous for his debut of 16 wickets against West Indies in 1987-88)
- Pravin Amre – Air India (scored a test hundred on debut against South Africa in 92-93)
- Hrishikesh Kanitkar – Air India (famous for his last ball 4 against Mushtaq Ahmed to secure a win chasing 300+ in an ODI against Pakistan in 98)
- Sameer Dighe – Air India (Famous for scoring 22* against Glen McGrath and Jason Gillespie during the 3rd test in India’s historic 2-1 series win in India in 2001)
I watched countless more stars and upcoming stars play when I wasn’t playing. Air India ended up winning the whole thing. I’ll write a blog entry about it all soon!